At Libertyville Savings Bank, we don’t think there’s anything more important than your privacy and security while using our Website and Online Banking Services.
We’re committed to taking every precaution to protect and safeguard your privacy, just as we do at each of our walk-in bank locations.
All Internet transactions, such as transfers of funds between Libertyville Savings Bank accounts, and third-party bill payment, are conducted in a secure (encrypted) environment to protect your privacy.
If you have questions about the privacy or accuracy of your account information, please contact us immediately by calling 1-641-472-9839.
When you register for Online Banking, Libertyville Savings Bank requires two separate pieces of information, which allow you to login to your online account. You will then be prompted to add enhance login security (multi-factor authentication) to your account and computer.
First is a User ID, which is used to identify you with your account. This allows us to associate multiple banking accounts and services with your one username.
The second piece of information needed is a Password. You should use a password that is easy for you to remember, but hard for anybody else to guess (even people who know you). The password must be at least 8 characters long. Your password should contain at least 1 numeric, 1 special character and at least 1 alpha character. Passwords cannot be the same as your Access ID. If you forget your password, you can use the online form to reset it yourself or call 641-472-9839 to have it reset for you.
Enhanced login security if added to your computer, places a cookie on your computer. So when you login if you don’t have that cookie on your computer, then it will prompt you to enter a passcode. Minimize that screen and go to your email retrieve your passcode (which is only valid for an hour), enter it. Then it will log you in, if this is a computer that you will be using often, check the box to add the extra security back on this computer.
It is important to note that when you are logging into your online banking account, the password you enter is compared to the one we have stored in our secure data center. We allow you to enter your password incorrectly five times. Once going over that number, your online banking account will be locked until you call us to reinitialize the account.
We store and record all “bad login” attempts to detect any suspicious activity (i.e. someone trying to guess your password).
Never Use the Following For Passwords:
- First names
- Pet names
- Phone numbers
- Social security numbers
Never give your password to another person. And make sure you change your password periodically to help protect your account.
Privacy Statement and Disclosure
At Libertyville Savings Bank, data security is a paramount concern. As our customers, you have a right to expect that information you entrust to us will be treated with appropriate discretion and confidentiality. We are committed to maintaining your privacy and safeguarding your account, transactions, and personal information.
When used in this Privacy Statement, the words “we” “our” and “us” refer to Libertyville Savings Bank, and the terms “you” and “your” refer to our customers and former customers.
For Purposes of this Statement, the Following Definitions Apply
- “Nonpublic personal information” is information about you that we collect in connection with a financial product or service provided to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information from public sources, such as telephone directories or governmental records.
- An “affiliate” is a company we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company controlled by the same company that owns or controls us.
- A “nonaffiliated third party” is a person we do not employ or a company that is not affiliated with us, also known as a nonaffiliated third party, or simply, an “other party.”
Categories of Information That We Collect
Libertyville Savings Bank collects nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency
Categories of Customer (And Former Customer) Information That We Disclose
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
Sharing With Outside Market Service Providers
We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, such as:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name and address
- Nonpublic personal information about you to third parties that perform marketing services on our behalf, such as direct sales companies
- We disclose information to provide you with details about other services and products available to you
- We may also disclose information about you to other outside marketing services as permitted by law. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information
Confidentiality and Security of Nonpublic Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to our employees who need to know the information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Please call us at 1-641-472-9839 for more information on safe
and secure Online Banking at Libertyville Savings Bank.